Jennifer P. Schneider, M.D., Ph.D., is a physician certified in Internal Medicine, Addiction Medicine and Pain Management. She is the author of 10 books and numerous articles in professional journals. She is a compassionate professional committed to educating others in her fields of specialty. She is a nationally recognized expert in two addiction-related fields: addictive sexual disorders and the management of chronic pain with opioids. She also has experience and interest in the area of osteoporosis and its drug treatment, and maintains an email support group for people who have experienced atypical femur fractures related to the use of bisphosphonate medications. Now retired from direct patient care, her professional activities include writing, lecturing at conferences, serving as an expert witness in legal settings, and appearing as a media guest on television and radio. One of her main current activities is to teach a remedial 21-Continuing Medical Education course on appropriate prescribing of controlled substances for chronic pain, under the auspices of Professional Boundaries Inc in multiple locations in the U.S.
- Winner in 1998 of the prestigious Patrick Carnes Award for lifetime contribution to the sex addiction field
- Nationally recognized expert in the areas of addictive sexual disorders, couple issues related to sex addiction problems, and sexual exploitation by professionals
- Expert witness in cases involving sexual exploitation by physicians
- Author of several books and numerous scholarly articles
- Experienced media guest: Oprah Winfrey, Geraldo, Sally Jessy Raphael, Leeza, and over 100 other TV and radio shows
- Extensive clinical experience in treating patients with chronic non-cancer pain of all types
- Teaches a remedial course on appropriate use of opioids for chronic pain - to physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other prescribers.
- Author of several articles in professional journals
- Expert witness in cases involving opioid prescribing